Sunday, July 20, 2008

Full Week

This week was full of excitment. It all started two fridays ago when I had midnight madness. I wasn't planning on going because of Colorado, but we were finally winning and doing good, so I decided to stay for the whole thing. I got home at 1 in the morning, and I hadn't packed yet. We left at 7 o' clock on Saturday morning to head to Colorado. After driving to Texas, Colorado was a breeze. It was fun over there, we watched a couple movies from Tracies teen years I think. Brett, Troy and I went golfing, we all went mini golfing. Brett tried California roll sushi. We got about 25 free games of basketball at ESPN Zone, we went swimming, that was about it. If you want pictures look at Troy and Tracies blog, they had the camera the whole time.
Brett and I had a football camp on Friday, down at BYU. It was called the Poppinga football experience. I thought there were going to be a ton of people there and stuff. We get there and there is about 45 kids under 12. Then there were 9 of us our age. That ended up being really good because we got to know Casey, Brady, and Kelly Poppinga well, as well as Fui Vakapuna, and Brian Kehl. We went through different stations with different players teaching us, the drills were, pass rush, recieving, running back stuff, and form tackling. At our first station Casey asked who was the fastest here and nobody was raising there hand, so I just figured I might as well be the fastest, so I raised my hand. Brady is a antsy kid, he is really wirey, also very funny. We ran the 40 yard dash, guess who was timing it, yep, Casey, the one that thinks I'm the fastest. I ended up being the fastest though, I ran a 4.9, the fastest I have ever ran. It was a pretty cool camp, it was cool to be right next to all these football players. I overheard Brian and Casey talking about there preseason schedule in the NFL, and I thought, how cool would that be to talk to somebody about your schedule in the NFL.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ware Family said...

Brett ate California rolls???
Sucka! Those things are nasty. I think they gave me a kidney stone, ha ha. Long story.
What teen years movies did you watch?

July 20, 2008 at 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched Dave and Sneakers, they were good.

July 20, 2008 at 5:01 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

I think my shoulders are still sore from all that basketball!!

July 20, 2008 at 8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yah you feel it in your shoulders when you get home and then start lifting baby girls into the air it burns.

July 21, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home