Sunday, November 11, 2007

All for Nothing

This Mon-Wed was Basketball tryouts. I didn't know if I wanted to tryout, so I just went to the first day to see what it was like. It was alright, I was pretty mad but not as mad as I excpected. So I went on Tuesday. I didn't go in with the same attitude as I did on Monday. You know that attitude were you don't care but you still try to do good. On Tuesday we did "break the press" and I was on the bad team so it made me look good, but it really made me mad because we never beat the press. They made first cuts after Tuesdays practice, so I decided i would look at the list and then decide wether i would go back on Wednesday. I see the list and decide to go back. So on Wednesday I really did want to be there, and I think that was the problem. I couldn't seem to make anything. We did the break the press drill again, but this time I was on the good team and we scored every time. Then we did five on five and I was on the good team again. So I go to look at the list Thursday morning to see who they cut. I was a little nervous, but not really because i knew if i didn't make it I could just lift all winter. So I look at the list and my name wasn't there. they only kept 6 sophmores, that isn't even enough for a team, so I don't even know what they will do. But it was a weird year because some of the juniors that have played since they were Freshman got cut too. They ended up keeping 20 people not including freshman. So I am not mad, I am going to play Jr. Jazz and then get ready for next football season. If I get taller i want to be 6'1" 175 lbs. If I dont grow I want to weigh 155-160. But more than getting bigger I want to get faster and all that. Brett made the team just fine. The freshman team pretty much has there whole 8th grade team plus a couple more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Troy said...

Good luck getting bigger. Nothing works better than lots of desserts, fried foods, and empty carbs.

Oh you want it to be muscle ?!?! I guess you should just lift and ask Jeremy for his famous tuna omelot recipe.

November 11, 2007 at 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah i bet that is delicious

November 11, 2007 at 8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

or pregnancy works wonders. I got up to 159--exactly what you want to be! I know you want to look just like I did...........

Bummer on not making the team.

November 12, 2007 at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home