Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Power of a 10 Year Gap

When most people find out that there is a ten year gap from the youngest of the three oldest to the oldest of the youngest, they are astonished. They seem to wonder what mom and dad were thinking. And in all due respect even some of us haven't truly understood why. However, the past three weeks have made it quite obvious why there is a ten year gap and the impact that it has on a family. You three and your families have been my leading example since who knows when. Maybe it was visting Shane at BYU and having to wash your feet every ten minutes because of the carpet, or it was the days at the elms with Troy and Jeremy both there. The time period that I have learned the most is from when all three got married. It is such an inspiration to see how you all react in your families. The feelings I have had the past three weeks are undescribable. These experiences make me excited to be where they are in their lives. Brett and I get to see the joy and happiness of a family of your own. The three of you keep me away from folowing the world and believing the lie that getting married is overrated. Thank you three and your families for the knowledge, the inspiration, and guidance that you have given me through the years. Thank you Jer and Kenz for changing my life for the better yet again. It's inevitable, you will leave that place a better person. Whether it's three weeks or three days. That home is full of love, humor, and happiness. Clovis California has the quintessential family, and the Dry Creek ward that spans probably 30 square miles, is blessed to have the presence of that family. Thank you all so much, Jeremy, Kenz, Channing, Samara (lulu), scarlett, and maggie :/

4 Comments:

Blogger Kenz said...

Nice things of you to say, Taylor. I remember feeling the same way towards my older siblings and their young families. I couldn't wait to get married and start a family because of their examples. It's one (of the few) great things about being one of the youngest. Thanks to you and Brett for being such great examples to our kids!

August 2, 2009 at 10:34 AM  
Anonymous brett said...

I couldn't have said it any better.

August 2, 2009 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Troy said...

Sounds like the trip was a success. I too am grateful for the 10-year gap, as it is humbling to have you two to be examples for. (That was a lot of 2s!)
I've been impressed more and more each time we see you guys just how much you have grown up in the past few years, and not just physically.

August 3, 2009 at 11:14 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Great comments Tay, and yes, thanks for your example to me. Sorry about that nasty carpet... do you remember hiking the Y with Heather, Brett and I? You guys have always been so awesome to have in our lives and we would not be the same without you and Brett. (Hopefully the carpet in Spanish Fork is a little better...)

August 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home